Oakenco’s Web Weekly Snapshot
Posted by Trindy Oakley
It’s difficult to keep up with the 1,000s of articles and continual technological developments published daily, so each Saturday Oakenco is going to publish a selection of articles, blogs and news that we hope you will find interesting and relevant to your online business.
Articles will be arranged by category to help you quickly navigate to what interests you the most. Topics that will be included are, small business and bookkeeping advice, social media, marketing and technology. Along with any other news and information we believe may benefit your online business.
Here is this weeks list of interesting articles, blogs and breaking news:
- Sales Advice: Are You a Consultant or an Expert? By Inc.com – Great Article on the differences between sales techniques. Which style are you?
- Your business needs breathing space By Kate James - I think all small business owners are guilty of getting bogged down. Taking a step back and distancing yourself from the business can provide clarity and fresh eyes.
- Using your Voicemail to get Clients By – I’m not a fan of voicemail, but this article has got me reevaluating how to use voicemail. This article has some great tips on turning voicemail into an excellent marketing tool!
- Social Media isn’t Magic By Social Media Today – It’s about staying human on the internet.
- Social Media Marketing Industry Report By Michael Stelzner – If you’re interested in seeing how marketers are using social media you must have a look at this report.
- How is Your Re-Tweet Mojo? By AnnTran_ – Remember to seek new channels of information and share from outside your “circle” of contacts.
- Getting the Most out of Twitter By Oakenco – This post contains a list of excellent resources that I’d read over the course of the previous week. Some great references.
- Twitter acquires analytics startup Hotspots.io By Direct Marketing News – Some interesting news, increased analytic abilities in the near future? I hope so.
- Why Google Plus is a Potential Facebook Killer! By Sean Clark – The circle of life applied to cyber space. What are your thoughts on these two powerful cyber giants.
- Why Is Google Creating a New Commenting System? By Dan Cristo – Google implementing a way to learn what you contribute and see how influential you are on those topics. Will it ultimately have SEO bonuses?
- 8 ways to tell your story with flair + originality By Belinda Weaver – This article is fantastic and a must read for any blogger new or seasoned.
- Tips On Writing An Effective Marketing Plan (PT1) By Belinda Weaver – If you don’t have a Marketing Plan for your business, you should! This article shares some excellent starting points & perspective advice.
- Can You Share Too Much Online? By Inc.com - This philosophy is simple: “Share everything, everywhere.” – What are your thoughts?
- Samsung to Unveil the Next Galaxy Phone on May 3 By Mashable – I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 and love it… Can’t wait to see what’s next!
- Secret Lab – Training - Interested in Android or IOS training in Australia? Looks like Secret Lab will be running a few courses. Express your interest Now!
- Intel’s First Smartphone Arrives, and It’s Not What You Expect By Mashable – Looks like a hybred of a HTC, Samsung and an iPhone. Running Android Gingerbread with over the air upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich soon after release. I was expecting a windows phone.
- iPhone 5 to Be Made of ‘LiquidMetal’, Arrive in October [REPORT] By Mashable – iPhone 5 will definitely be 4g compatible in Australia.
- Drupal Association Minutes, IRC Logs & Recordings - If you’re interested in what the Drupal Association is up to, all the information is available.
- Tips for those new to Drupal by Adam Waid – Some really excellent tips on where those new to Drupal should go to find help and learn more.
- Automatic Responsive Images for WordPress - This is a great article sharing the step by step process to making your WordPress Images responsive.
- PyCon Au 2012 – Two weeks left to get your presentation in for PyCon Au 2012.
- Australian Virtual Assistants Conference 2012 (AVAC) – Just 11 days till the conference – 4/5 May.
- BarCampMel 2012 – It’s confirmed 28/29 July 2012 and tickets are selling fast!
About Trindy OakleyI provide Virtual Assistant services to Small Businesses within the IT Industry. I care about reducing the time you spend on administrative tasks, so you can concentrate on the revenue generating aspects of your business!
Posted on April 22, 2012, in Blogging, Conferences, Google, Google+, Small Business, Social Media Marketing, Twitter, Virtual Assistant and tagged Small Business, smartphones, social media, Social Media Marketing, technology, Twitter, WordPress. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.