Oakenco’s Web Weekly Snapshot
Posted by Trindy Oakley
It’s difficult to keep up with the 1,000s of articles and continual technological developments published daily, so each Saturday Oakenco is going to publish a selection of articles, blogs and news that we hope you will find interesting and relevant to your online business.
Articles will be arranged by category to help you quickly navigate to what interests you the most. Topics that will be included are, small business and bookkeeping advice, social media, marketing and technology. Along with any other news and information we believe may benefit your online business.
Here is this weeks list of interesting articles, blogs and breaking news:
- Review of FileHold Document Management Software - The Paperless Office doesn’t have to be a myth, this is a very interesting review of available tools to help you reduce paper storage requirements and waste.
- Supporting Small Businesses – Survey - If you are a business owner than your responses are valuable!
- New Rule Changes for Google Places – Beware Small Businesses. - Google have made slight alterations to the types of businesses allowed to display addresses on Google Places. Keep your listing, make sure you’re advertising your business correctly.
- 5 Tips for Managing Your Community on Google+ By SEOmoz – This article is fantastic specially for any social media beginner. Of course this can also be applied to all of the various Social Media Platforms!
- Google+ has a New Look By Oakenco – Facebook frequently makes alterations to its User Interface, some well received most not so much. Google+ has decided to do a full User Interface reconstruction and it’s got serious wow factor!
- Why Instagram was worth $1 Billion to Facebook By Mashable- It seems like an extortionate amount of money doesn’t it?
- 25 Timeline Ready Apps for Enhancing Your Facebook Page by Social @ Blogging Tracker
- Instagram for Android - If you’ve been jealous of your iPhone friends, then envy no more and download Instagram for Android.
- Know Which Shots Work Best with Each Instagram Filter By Lifehacker – The A-Z of each filter and how to use and capture the best photos with it
- 5 Tips to Becoming a Top Blog in Your Industry By Social Media Examiner – Understanding your audience and setting goals for your blog is vital to it’s success. This article also talks about your mindset – Are you creating a Blog or a Publication?
- Three Simple Content Creation Ideas By Bizeez – Struggling to find content for your blog, social media or website. Here are some simple ways to create content that matters.
- 2011 Bookkeeper Survey results - A comparison survey conducted by The Institute of Bookkeepers shows fees for bookkeeping services services have increased from a majority being <$50 to now being $50> per hour.
- 4 Yr Limit on claiming ITC’s - Be sure to gain advice from your tax agent/accountant regarding whether or not the purchases can be included in your annual income tax return.
- Changes to Income Tax Rates and LITO [Video] — Alan Lewis Accountants – So the tax-free threshold is going up! This great video tells you all you need to know!
- HP pushes Converged Cloud strategy by ZDnet - HP has launched its Converged Cloud strategy, to push for common architecture in private and public clouds.
About Trindy OakleyI provide Virtual Assistant services to Small Businesses within the IT Industry. I care about reducing the time you spend on administrative tasks, so you can concentrate on the revenue generating aspects of your business!
Posted on April 14, 2012, in Blogging, Bookkeeping, Facebook, Google, Google+, Small Business, Social Media Marketing, Twitter and tagged blogging, bookkeeping, business, cloud, document management software, Facebook, Google, Google Places, instagram, Marketing, simple solutions, Small Business, social media, sole trader, Survey, survey monkey, tax, technology, Website content, weekly web snapshot, Working Smarter. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.